Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 8: Social Media

Personally, I don't like the idea of incorporating social media into blogs. I can definitely see why experienced/professional bloggers would want to bridge the two together, but I view it as an unnecessary risk due to the privacy concerns involved. Someone who makes a living by blogging or is just a heavy-user of blogging platforms would probably be very interested in tying their social media profile(s) to the blog(s). By doing so, they could potentially stir up some additional interest in their blog and grow their audience significantly. Also, it could work the other way and expand their following for their social media profile(s).

Like I said, in my eyes, it's an unnecessary risk to take. There are so many loopholes and "backdoors" to the security/privacy measures that are put in place by social media platforms. In addition to that, countless users of social media platforms don't even bother to read the privacy/end-user licence agreements and blindly accept the terms. This is a deadly combination because they have no idea what they are truly getting themselves into. Some might view my take on this subject as a bit paranoid, but I simply classify it as being aware. I attribute my awareness to my professional life; which largely deals with cyber-security, mobile device security, and virtual infrastructure.

1 comment:

  1. If you are sharp with Photoshop (or similar design software), then you are in a good position to offer these services as part of your social media package. tiktok

    ReplyDelete